Monday, May 07, 2012

My Quest for a Condo: Second Trade Made!

DISCLAIMER: If you haven't read the other posts already please read all the posts in the label QUEST FOR A CONDO first, from the bottom to top.

Well, well, well...

My first trade was made on April 17th when I traded my Hot Wheels 2008 Dodge Challenger (a mere toy car) for a Mastercraft Digital Multimeter Kit... and now less than 3 weeks later I have my 2nd trade.

On Sunday May 6th 2012 I traded the Mastercraft Digital Multimeter Kit (which I got from Ryan Anderson, a real estate agent from Brampton) for a Retro Red Raleigh Mixte Bicycle. I got the bicycle from chemistry teacher / feminist writer Suzanne MacNevin (and a friend of mine).

So not bad! From a toy car to a bicycle in only 2 trades.

So far it is:

Hot Wheels 2008 Dodge Challenger
1st Trade - Mastercraft Digital Multimeter Kit (from Ryan Anderson on April 17th)
2nd Trade - Retro Red Raleigh Mixte Bicycle (from Suzanne MacNevin on May 6th)

The bicycle in question needed to be cleaned and a wee tune up, but otherwise it is in near perfect condition. Mixte bicycles are unisex bicycles (the term comes from France) with a frame that comes with two smaller top tubes instead of one larger top tube and lowered slightly so its easier to step over. Mixte bicycles are highly prized as road bikes and Raleigh is a well respected manufacturer. I am estimating this one is worth about $150.

I waited to make this post until today when I've had time to clean / tune up the bicycle and take it for a ride. It was REALLY DIRTY and rusty in spots when I first received it during the trade, but as you can see it cleans up really nicely.

(I will be posting a video of the bicycle in the near future.)

This is a pretty awesome trade and I feel my Quest for a Condo is picking up speed. Huzzah!

I wonder how many trades it will take me to get a condo?

Let the quest continue!

IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO TRADE ME PLEASE CONTACT ME at charlesmoffat@charlesmoffat.com!

STAY TUNED, SUBSCRIBE TO THIS BLOG TO SEE FUTURE TRADES

Follow My Quest for a Condo on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments containing links will be marked as spam and not approved. We moderate every comment.

Popular Posts